Our mission is to facilitate the national socio economic development through sustainable and efficient use of our land resources for habitat, economic, social and infrastructure needs through effective policy framework, regulations and provision of ancillary technical services to our clientele.
We envision that by end of 2013 we would have established necessary tools and framework to be a dynamic agent for promoting sustainable and responsible development of Seychelles.
"Facilitating Sustainable Development"
We in the Ministry of Land Use and Housing through comprehensive community, intergovernmental and employee partnership, seek to provide services under our responsibility with sensitivity, efficiency and effectiveness with the view of further promoting sustainable development.
Core values such as professionalism, high organization esteem, team work and staff development provide a firm base for our delivery of quality services that will make a positive difference in the lives of the people we serve.
While championing good practice, our Ministry must become the best in the league of what the public stands for: fairness in decision making, good governance and espousing integrity, thereby inspiring confidence in the public we serve.
The core functions of the Ministry of Land Use and Housing are;
- Management of all state land including Acquisitions, Sales and Leases;
- Implementation of Land Bank Project as per Capital Budget allocations;
- Administration of Immovable Property (Transfer Restriction) Act and the responsible for the processing of all applications for purchase or lease of an Interest in Immovable property including corporate shares dealings;
- Responsible for land policy and land related legislation and timely review thereof;
- All survey related Infrastructure including cadastral surveys and registration to tiles;
- Developing the Geographic Information System (GIS) Centre of the Ministry and ensuring the efficient use of acquired digital data throughout Government with the set objective of improving performance and decision-making in Government;
- Preparation of land Use Plans and Urban development guidelines;
- Responsible for housing and provision of decent and affordable shelter as per requirements of the Seychelles Constitution and Government housing policy;
- Management of the land and Housing Application Database.